Monday 27 January 2014

Fantasy Wig Collection Theme?

Today I did more research into the designs of the wigs, I did several drawings, looking into a range of periods from the 1750 – 1920’s such as Baroque, Georgian, Victorian, Regency, 1920’s. 

After speaking in the tutor session and having a discussion about adding another theme to the original theme of 'Modern Marie Antoinette' wigs, I've researched the idea to cross themes, or rather words, if I were to do this the concept words would change from ‘modern’ and  'Marie Antoinette', to ‘toxic’, ‘poisoned’ and ‘fantasy’. With the idea that the wigs would be based on period hairstyles and adapted or exaggerated to fit original fairy tale writings, one of the periods I shall use will be Georgian e.g. Marie Antoinette.

After much research and reading I have decided to clarify the theme so it is strong and focused. The new theme will be a 'Dark Fantasy' wig collection based on the traditional dark fairytale writings of authors such as Hans Christian Andersen, The Brothers Grimm and Gabrielle Suzanne Barbot De Villeneuve (Madame De Villeneuve). 

The tales I have chosen to illustrate using wigs and a series of photoshoots are:
The Little Mermaid - by Hans Christian Andersen
Cinderella - by The Brothers Grimm
Beauty and the Beast - by Madame De Villeneuve 

This way I will cover a variety of authors and period hairstyles whilst all under the same umbrella of 'Dark Fantasy'

MUCH. MORE. INTERESTING. 

And actually the type of wigs I wanted to create, I just couldn't see it before, I didn't mean 'modern' I meant my own style, a twisted kind of original... 


Dark fairytale books I'd recommend reading: 




No comments:

Post a Comment