Thursday 20 February 2014

Let the Wig Making commence!...


Today I started wig making, by brushing out the first wig , a blonde synthetic afro wig. I have learnt it takes longer than expected to brush out an afro ‘clown’ wig!
Double tooth combs fan out the hair quicker than fine tooth combs, but there are still knots in the hair so in order to achieve a high quality finish I will now use the double tooth comb and then go over it with the fine tooth comb.
To comb out this wig took a whole day, 8 hours ish and a lot of hairspray!!! Now I've found the quickest and most efficient way to fully comb out the hair, I'm hoping the next wig will be brushed out at a quicker pace.
Note: the hair is attached to the wig in bands, therefore I will attach the wool and other materials to the remaining strips of weave in between each strip of hair .i.e. put wool where there is no hair.

Step-by-Step: 



 
 As you can see the texture of the wig is fuzzy now it is brushed out rather than curly and the hair looks lighter in weight with more volume and appears slightly longer than before combing.

No comments:

Post a Comment