Thursday 27 February 2014

The Little Mermaid - WIG 3

Today I began making number 3 out of 4 of the 'Little Mermaid' wigs! (to illustrate when the little mermaid is first given legs but lost her tail and tongue), this was quite a sculptural challenge and wig to create, to get the right shape I have used chicken wire...




 With this wig I faced some challenges as to how I could cover the chicken wire with hair, I found that backcombing the hair came in quite useful for coverage. In the end I had to backcomb and cover the wire with a layer of jumbo hair braid, before wrapping the hair of the wig around the wire form. I also tried using various braiding techniques including basket weaving and fishtail plaits but decided that the wig looked better and the hair could be used more efficiently without the use of plaiting.











No comments:

Post a Comment